Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eastside FC in Ethiopia

Giuliana Sercu, a player on Coach Turner's GU13W team, recently made a trip to Ethiopia.  With the help of her team and the Passback program operated jointly by US Soccer Foundation and Eurosport, she was able to deliver a little soccer joy to some deserving kids. 

Well done, Giuliana and team!

Here's the report she sent to me and Steve Fear, the Passback program manager at Eurosport......

=================

Dear Mr. Racine and Mr. Fear,

I just wanted to thank you for helping me reach my goal of delivering 30 soccer balls and 5 pumps to kids in Ethiopia.  Thanks to my U-13 soccer team and to EuroSport I brought over 60 soccer balls with me to Ethiopia. We delivered balls to 3 different schools and 1 village. All of the kids and adults were overjoyed!

The schools did not have any soccer balls before we came, and now they have lots! I attached some pictures of me delivering soccer balls in Ethiopia. Once again, thanks so much for your support!

Sincerely,

Giuliana Sercu







No comments:

Post a Comment