Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hillary Zevenbergen Cascade Conference Player of the Year



Hillary Zevenbergen
Cascade Conference Offensive Player of the Year

U18 Red Team Player, Hillary Zevenbergen was named the Cascade Conference Offensive Player of the Year.  Hillary is a 4 year varsity player at King's High School in Shoreline in Division 1A where she excels athletically and academically.

She has been recognized with All League First Team honors for three years and her freshman year she was recognized as Second Team All League.

"Hillary has a great combination of athleticism and soccer sense. She is capable of putting the ball in the back of the net and also getting her teammates the ball in scoring situations." said EFC Coach Tom Bialek.

Hillary has played on the G91R team for the past 2 years and will be playing for the University of Washington women's soccer team next fall on scholarship.  Although she's "nervous and excited", the presence of her cousin Louise Albin on the team should smooth the transition.

I asked Hillary about her time here at Eastside FC.   "It's been good.  I really liked the girls.  We've been successful and had a ton of fun.  I've learned about playing at a higher level and working hard for your teammates.  I felt a strong bond with my teammates that I hadn't felt before on my prior teams.  I learned how to push myself to be better."

She still mulling over her future areas of academic focus:  maybe English, perhaps orthodontics, perhaps business.   No doubt there are great things ahead in her future.

Congratulations, Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment